Re: Union Selling Out Yet Again.

 I do not think it is a good idea from a PR point of view to have air
conditioned driver cabs yet have the passenger accomodation not air
conditioned.  Best bet is for City Rail to give the new Millenium trains a
good shake down and then order enough over a 5 year period to replace all
non air conditioned sets.  Just ridden the new Amtrak/Caltran Surfliners and
they are what is needed to replace the outdated V sets but only electic
powered. LA to San Diego is the same as Sydney to Newcastle yet these had a
really swish dinning area and business class with provision to plug in lap
tops etc.  Also rode Sunset Ltd. New Orleans Ltd, SW Chief, Starlight Ltd,
Empire Builder and CZ buts that another story.

Cheers
Rod Gayford

qoIP5.10061$KJ2.242617@news2.giganews.com">news:qoIP5.10061$KJ2.242617@news2.giganews.com...