Re: Arrogant Australian Egroups

----------
In article <39FF9EC1.2095@iprolink.co.nz>, David McLoughlin
<davemclNOSPAM@iprolink.co.nz> wrote:

>Loopers_4814 wrote:
>>
>> I am disgusted at the seemingly endlessly growing list of private
>> egroups that totally disregard your application, without even bothering
>> to find out who you are.
>

>They are private groups. Nobody has the right to join them. They have
>been developed by people sick of the flame wars in Usenet who wish to
>discuss the topics which interest them without being abused for doing
>so.

I suppose inevitably groups that remain insular from new input will
eventually run the risk of fizzling out or getting stale. It's their risk.
They are usually fairly focussed interest groups (ie sightings in a
particular area) so if they percieve you are out of the area they may not
wish to have you in.
A good analogy might be the pub. Sometimes you can strike up a conversation
with groups already there, other times they are too engrossed in their own
conversation (or beer) to notice you.

Stuart Thyer
Photographer
University of Melbourne