Re: Arrogant Australian Egroups

Stuart Thyer wrote:

> ----------
> In article <39FF9EC1.2095@iprolink.co.nz>, David McLoughlin
> <davemclNOSPAM@iprolink.co.nz> wrote:
>
> >Loopers_4814 wrote:
> >>
> >> I am disgusted at the seemingly endlessly growing list of private
> >> egroups that totally disregard your application, without even bothering
> >> to find out who you are.
> >

> >They are private groups. Nobody has the right to join them. They have
> >been developed by people sick of the flame wars in Usenet who wish to
> >discuss the topics which interest them without being abused for doing
> >so.
>
> I suppose inevitably groups that remain insular from new input will
> eventually run the risk of fizzling out or getting stale. It's their risk.

I agree. I belong to several private lists of people who just want to
talk about matters I am interested in. But I also stay in the newsgroups
to keep up with the broader discussions. In my experience, most of those
on the private lists to which I subscribe also follow the newsgroups.

David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand