Re: [OT] ideal file size of a jpeg or gif image

James Brook wrote:

> To fit an image into an average browser running at 800x600 means that it
> has to be a low quality 640x4?? image or lower. This is useless for
> anything other than taking a quick look.

I guess it all depends on what your expectation as an image provider is
and what the expectations of all the viewers to your site are.

Whilst I find the net a very good distribution medium there is a lot
left unsaid about the amount of time we all put in providing material
and the little return or feedback there is.

My goal is to provide fast download times and sufficient image size to
see what material is available. If the subject is so interesting then
further contact is required.

--
Peter J. Vincent

Email ............ mailto:pjv101@netspace.net.au