Re: Rail Safety Act in ACT

On Mon, 6 Nov 2000 20:29:49 +1100, "keith malcolm"
<kmalcolm@tpg.com.au> wrote:

>David Bromage <dbromage@fang.omni.com.au> wrote in message
>b1qN5.70$RH2.2899@news0.optus.net.au">news:b1qN5.70$RH2.2899@news0.optus.net.au...
>> Maurie Daly (mauried@tpg.com.au) wrote:
>> > The last thing on the planet we need is for the ACT Govt to take over
>> > the line.
>> > This would mean an ACT Rail Safety Act,
>>
>> There isn't one at the moment. If the ACT does own the line, there is no
>> leglislation covering it.
>>

>This was the whole basis behind my original question. I was wondering how a
>NSW act can be applied in the ACT?

It cant be applied.
More likely bluff on the part of the NSW DOT.

>> One option might be to make Joppa Jcn - Canberra part of ARTC, given that
>> it is technically an interstate route, and remove the prohibition on NR
>> operating to Canberra.
>>

>God no, things would be even worse then. It's bad enough having to deal with
>controlers in Sydney let alone Adelade. I suppose the ARHS could supply
>train control services like we do from Harman to Royalla.
>
>Dave Malcolm

What does it matter where the controllers are ?
The question is whether dealing with ARTC is any better or worse than
dealing with RAC.
At least ARTC publishes its track access charges.

MD