Re: Rail Safety Act in ACT

David Bromage <dbromage@fang.omni.com.au> wrote in message
b1qN5.70$RH2.2899@news0.optus.net.au">news:b1qN5.70$RH2.2899@news0.optus.net.au...
> Maurie Daly (mauried@tpg.com.au) wrote:
> > The last thing on the planet we need is for the ACT Govt to take over
> > the line.
> > This would mean an ACT Rail Safety Act,
>
> There isn't one at the moment. If the ACT does own the line, there is no
> leglislation covering it.

This was the whole basis behind my original question. I was wondering how a
NSW act can be applied in the ACT?

> One option might be to make Joppa Jcn - Canberra part of ARTC, given that
> it is technically an interstate route, and remove the prohibition on NR
> operating to Canberra.

God no, things would be even worse then. It's bad enough having to deal with
controlers in Sydney let alone Adelade. I suppose the ARHS could supply
train control services like we do from Harman to Royalla.

Dave Malcolm