Re: WA. rottnest tourist rail

metro.create=destroy wrote:

> anyone know if this is still operating?
> or if there are any plans to upgrade or build a new one?

There is rail on Rottnest?

When Margot and I were there, we got there by a catamaran from Perth,
camped in the camping ground and hired bikes to get around the island.
Very nice it was. And in the evenings the quokkas came to our tents to
help eat our food.

Or by the tourist trail do you mean the road around the island?
Certainly tourists used it. We were skinny dipping at one of the remote
beaches during one of our bike excursions and had to stay neck-deep in
the (fairly cold May water) for ages when a tourist bus chugged along
and stopped above us for a time.

David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand