Re: Airport rail link

James C. <james_ccj@my-deja.com> wrote in message
8ubf9j$cta$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:8ubf9j$cta$1@nnrp1.deja.com...

> > Tulla Fwy to the airport?  Correct me if I'm wrong, but before I left
> > Melbourne in July, Bracks had just announced some extensions to train
> > services, such as electrifying out to Crazyburn (oops, sorry,
> Craigieburn)
> > and either Sunbury or Melton
>
> No, Sydenham and South Morang(from Epping).

Damn, I distinctly remember Craigieburn being mentioned, if only because I
thought it would make living out there a bit easier.  Why electrify to South
Morang, when there's no Met service there now, whereas at least Craigieburn
has V/line posing as the Met?

> > How about another radical suggestion: Branch off the Broady line at
> Pascoe
> > Vale, run along the north east side of Essendon Airport, then
> parallel with
> > the Tulla Fwy to the larger airport.  It would complete the loop with
> the
> > Albion line, giving direct access to the airport from most of
> Melbourne
> > then, if trains run along the Albion-Jacana line (is that
> >electrified?
>
> No , 1 SG and 1 BG line both none-electrified. This is part of the
> <Albion option>.
>

> The
> > only train I remember along there was an XPT one morning as I went
> over the
> > Maribyrnong River,
>
> And another one at night....several freight trains in between.

Sorry, only time I ever saw a train on the other bridge was that one
morning, didn't even realise what it was until then.