Re: (TGR) L and M class Garratts

apparently the freight version lasted longer (1940's) than the passenger
version.
I think the real problem with the 4-4-2 was its high speed. Apparently there was
a fatal accident (probably due to track conditions) at high speed. This scared
off the public and TGR management with regards to this class of loco.

chris