Re: [COTU] Airport Line - first impressions

I'm not so sure that the stations are darker at platform level.  The
flourescent lighting used on the City Railway wastes a lot of light by not
directing it downward to where it's needed on the platform but showers the
walls and consequently the ceiling with light.  The ceilings and upper walls
don't need to be lit.

The Airport Line lighting (along with the new high intensity lighting being
installed around the network) looks less bright because there is less wasted
light, but the illumination of the platform and objects/people on the
platform is much improved.

Chris