Re: New questions for rail experts

> What about where these trains have to pass signals at stop (which they do
> every day through loops worked by the driver)? Also, what about fitting
> train stops to every single signal that these trains work past? Manually
> operated signals as well? (The old wire operated lower quadrant semaphores
> come to mind).

When they have to pass a signal at stop, they go through, get tripped,
re-set the trip and then keep going as per the regulations (Reg 74 in
Victoria).

Where are all the lower quadrant wire operated semaphore signals in the
NSW area where Electric trains run?  (Don't worry about sidings, I want
main lines, the same places the catch points are).

--

Chris Gordon

http://www.railpage.org.au/vicsig
e-mail - cmgord@alphalink.com.au