Re: SLR - Extension construction

"C. Dewick" wrote:
<snip>
> My personal view is that where the light rail line joins up with the old
> goods line right of way at Ultimo should *not* have been built like it has,
> but should have actually been set up as a full-on heavy rail junction so
> that the entire goods line could still be kept as an operating heavy-rail
> freight line for use outside the operating hours of the light rail trains.

Nice idea, but the light rail runs 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Here are the frequencies from their web site:

Between midnight and 6:00a.m - Every 15 minutes
Between 6:00a.m. and 9:00a.m - Every 12 minutes
Between 9:00a.m. and 9:00p.m - Every 8 - 10 minutes
Between 9:00p.m. and midnight - Every 12 minutes

Ben Munro