Re: [NSW] Drama @ the Airport Line...

"Scott Beecham" <snoa@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
392a5fd3$0$2621@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:392a5fd3$0$2621@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

> I've noticed that there is a ladder placed on the walls of the tunnel at
> intervals. I imagine this is so that they don't have to put attempt to
carry
> a ladder on the train. Certainly makes sense to me.

Hi Scott,

Rather quiet in alt.ozdebate, hey!

There are ladders throughout the underground railways. I was told that they
are there to facilitate emergency exit by passengers. I don't know why they
just didn't build them like the Channel Tunnel, and have a walkway either
side, so all they have to do is open the doors and let people walk out.

Dave