Re: [NSW] Drama @ the Airport Line...

Ben <sporologist@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:3928EF00.41295649@yahoo.com...

> There was a signal failure on the airport line. All trains heading south
> from central were running via sydenham. Passengers were told to change
> at Turrela for the airport line. Trains from the south were running as
> they were supposed to, some via the airport, some via sydenham/redfern.
> I don't know when the fault occurred, but trains began running both ways
> through the airport by around 2:30.

I have been told when there is a signal fault on the Airport Line, the
fitters travel by train to the fault, the train then waits until the fault
is cleared, and the fitters then travel out on the same train.  Something to
do with insufficient clearances in the tunnel for people to work while
trains are running.

Is this true?

--
HXP1