Re: what for the ex "X" 16-645e's

It is reported that FA are spending
> $34.5 million on engines/bogies to Cascade their power plants resulting in
> quite a few GM 16-645e engines being available for reconditioning and
being
> used in some repowering/rebuilding.

Marinus just recently released one of his bulletins [you saw it I think?]
In it he says that Freight Australia have turned a V/Lines $25 million
(plus) deficit  into a substantial profit [to be announced when the auditors
are satisfied]
He talked about the first apprentices to be employed in the Industry for
some time and the "millennium drivers" now in an 18 month training program.
The $34 million was spread over upgrading computer equipment, upgrading
signalling equipment, Upgrading some lines, and Rolling stock and
Locomotives. I don't think you will see too much Locomotive power in this
lot!

--

Rod Young
http://hobsonmodelrail.rrdepot.com/