Re: [Qld/WA] QR SMU go to Transperth??

Colin Weaver wrote:

> I'm particularly interested by the platform being built on the dual
> guage line at Park Road.  AFAIK this is the first QR platform anywhere
> on dual guage - showing the way toward an eventual dual guage Browns
> Plains / Greenbank line (yeh - wishful thinking).

I'm not so sure. QR actually seems keen on promoting itself and
expanding services lately (viz the Kippa Ring line, Caloundra line &c)
so I wouldn't exactly keel over in shock if the Greenbank thing
happened. Certainly, it would cost a lot less that the Kippa Ring line
for similar return.

Now if Beaudesert got a QR rail service again, that would be
interesting!

> --Colin

Rob K