Re: Signal at high speed (was: Re: [NSW] Guards & Mobile phones)

So what frequency are we talking about - hertz, kilohertz, megahertz?

By my calculations (thank god this ain't no exam):

If the frequency is 1 hertz then the wavelength is 300,000,000m.  To reach
the receding train in 1 second the extra distance is approx. 300,000,083.3m
or the frequency is increased to approx 1.000 000 28 hertz - I doubt this is
significant.

However if the frequency is 1 megahertz then the wavelength is 300m.  To
reach the receding train in 1 second the extra distance is still approx.
83.3m or the frequency is increased to approx 1.28 megahertz - this sounds
significant, is it?

I know SFA about the transmission of radio waves so who can help?

Chris

Z1qV4.433$lX1.662824@news0.optus.net.au">news:Z1qV4.433$lX1.662824@news0.optus.net.au...