Re: Signal at high speed (was: Re: [NSW] Guards & Mobile phones)

How significant is the Doppler effect in a train travelling at 83.3m/s
(300km/h) compared with the speed of radio waves 300,000,000m/s (approx 1.1
billion km/h)?

Maybe the speed of moving from one base station to another and loss of
signal strength has a greater effect?

Chris

WsnV4.421$lX1.524033@news0.optus.net.au">news:WsnV4.421$lX1.524033@news0.optus.net.au...