Re: Down the Line

"James C." wrote:

> Good idea, but I think Stony point line can't generate that many
> passenergs. I really hope they can look at Mornington line, rerun
> morington service through to city at a regualr basis. Morington have a
> bigger population then Stony point line towns, but no doubt a through
> service from Melbourne to Stony point would be very attractive to
> passengers.

Yeah ...that cropped up as well...amongst many ramblings.another was to extend
sparks to Baxter any way. The real pie in the sky idea was to somehow interest
commercial intersts into upgrading the Mornington Line..build new terminal
complex this side of Hwy, incorporate shops and other typical terminal
concourse type development...maybe ..you know..that M company..or
other...pedestian bridge across road as well as Bus tie ups...There well might
be some real prospects of garnering commuter trafic out of and along from
Mornington...there is a lot of real estate being built on!!. The tourism
possibilitites would be quite intersting with a rail service to Mornington
..across to Stony Point as well.
This particular area is a real life prospect for rail growth...no doubt NE are
aware of this as well...possibly testing the waters....still back in the real
world  a through srvice express to the city should do well...many folk getting
on or before Frankston will be happy for a true express train...many a train
is full by Carrum...someone has finally twigged to that. I still think that
such a service should consider a stop at Carrum (its suposed to be a premium
staion)...and its the nearest to patterson lakes..a lot of development
there..Hmmm Baxter ...stations to Frankston, then Carrum only express to the
City...that'd blow many away totally!! take maybe 10 mins off trip..maybe a
smidge more. Shame I dont work in city any more..Id use a service like that:-)