Re: Surveyers at McInytyre!

The Narc wrote:

> According to our CEO we can't make money on a intermodal train unless
> it is 1500 meters long and DOO makes me wonder how Freightcorp can run
> an 82 class from sydney to melbourne with one wagon with only one 20
> foot container with a two man crew and still make money perhaps you
> can explain this to me or how freightcorp can run the leigh creek coal
> trains in another state for $4.00 a ton and ASR reckon break even is
> $7.00 a ton?????

You,ve got me!! :-))

The vagueries of differing costing systems are anyones guess!! A lot may
depend on differing rates, overheads...and what one company "calls" a profit
as compared to another. Some companies work leaner than others (some too
lean!!) But you do raise the 'interesting' question of what one firm calls a
spade and another a shovel. that is what is making money for the differing
concerns..obviously very differnt!!

cheers >:~)) Richard