Re: Surveyers at McInytyre!

A ros eis a rose is a rose!!  Any other concern that is going in to bat to vie
for the same work youare is a competitor(read enemy). Yes Rail needs to show a
united and resolute front whenlobbying but to persume that they will shout
each other beers over the contract table is well...its not going to
happen..these are not schoolmates trying for the footy team this is big
business spruiking for money..no prisoners taken!

The ball park has been totolly redefined for the Australian scene forever..its
essentially open slather. A company is wise to treat any other , whether Road
rail or other as hostile to their interest..thats reality...to do othrewise is
foolhardy and if I were a share holder...Id want heads if they took this
path!!

No offence is meant here...It would be marvellous if some sense of
comradraderie existed that allowed such altruistic sharing..BUT it aint going
to happen..hence NR's mothballed fleet.

In the US its a lot harder to play this way as their are a lot more avenues to
any destination. But here is OZ..its going to be "keepings off" ..my ball you
go away!!

The clever money shhould be on outfits like Chicago leasing etc   or someone
else getting in to bed with say Gons or Clyde and creating a fleet of
power/hour...they dont need to play favourites..anyones money is OK!! We dont
need huge fleets here. Units of around 2500-3000 might be the most usuable
across a number of needs...of course if they were new-built they would
probably be 3500-4000 (being the vogue)

This would aleviate the requirement for FV/FA or anyone shelving out huge
monies on Power that my be transient...they might not get a second bite at a
particular contract..but whoever fullfills their obligation to do this will
need power....but for only the length of time as dictated by their service
contract.

Its going to become a very hard market to be in ...only the clever and the
brave will survive ...NR might not be at the finish line...not without a
serious restructure and change of focus.

cheers >:~)) Richard