Re: Re: [NSW] Wolli Creek

Stickers for "Wolli Creek" have been placed on almost every All Station Ticket Vending Machine.

Gnome 412 got bored on Sat, 13 May 2000 08:31:26 +1000 and so wrote the following:

          Hubert Lam wrote in message <9munhs4rk9qilpll8e7ei1grekepc8fq90@4ax.com>...
          >Was Wolli Creek (previously North Arncliffe) designed to be an "interchange
          only" station (i.e. no
          >ticket selling facilities) or is it now fully a "station"? I read somewhere
          in the NG that it has
          >inroads that Rockdale council is doing but now it seems like it's a full
          blown station!

          This is from Rockdale City Council's junk-mail "Report to the Community
          1999":

          Features of the North Arncliffe development include -
          * Construction of a Town Square at the station
          * Provision of a local shopping facility, including a small supermarket,
          adjacent to the station
          * Creation of additional local space withing the area, including a new
          forewshore park and recreational facilities along Cooks River
          * Restoration of the Tempe House heritage precinct
          Two applications have have already been received for the redevelopment of
          mahor sites within the area.  These applications, worth a total of $105
          million, will together provide 738 new dwellings and 18,000 square metres of
          office and retail space, creating some 900 permanent jobs and housing for
          about 1,500 people.

          Rgds