Re: [NSW] Wolli Creek

I think a big shame of Wolli Creek is that there are no platform faces
on the Illawarra local.

A platform face on the illawarra local would have allowed better
services into the ESR and along the illawarra line in general (if they
had the rolling stock) because:

They could delay the all stops in peak hour and run it on the illawarra
local upto the set of points just before sydenham. This would allow the
Coastie to be pushed a few minutes earlier, passing it around wolli
creek or tempe giving just enough space to squeeze in that elusive extra
service. It would have required a bit of rejig but it would have been
possible.

Unfortunately, they can't do that with the current setup unless they run
the Coastie on the local line upto Sydenham (which would be rather silly
since the main line is much better suited to express running) or they
make the caosties stop at Wolli Creek (I doubt that will happen judging
by the loads on the 6:22 ex Dapto, 5:40 & 6:30 Port trains.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.