Re: [NSW] Airport Line -- WINNERS AND LOSERS?

>*Add Beverly Hills, Narwee, Bardwell Park - they are having
>some express stops.
>
> Although they do have express stops that is highly irregular
> The Big Losers:
>Kingsgrove

The stopping patterns are many and confusing but I can think of two
reasons as to why expresses should stop at the two "small" stations:

1. Somebody mentioned the EH double line not being able to cope with the
complexity, I haven't seen  the actual timetable but maybe it is an
attempt to make sure trains don't get in each other's way. (ie an all
stops train may simply be too slow to get to East hills before the next
express and hence must skip a few stops and to replace the skipped stops
the express stops there solving the problem doubly so)

2. Does anybody catch the train to Bevo in the Afternoon peak. For a
"small" station quite a lot of people get off. Sometimes I'm tempted to
say more people get off at Bevo on the all stops than at Kingsgrove on
the Express. It is about time...

> Oh really? I haven't bothered reading the weekend timetable off the
> Cityrail site. Usually by protocol, the weekend timetable is the same
> as the weekday off peak isn't it?

Not on East Hills, there was/is a servcie reduction in All stops
services from wekedays 15 minutes to weekends 30 minutes.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.