Re: [NSW] Airport Line -- WINNERS AND LOSERS?

Hubert Lam <hubert@imap4.com> wrote in message
391a5b06$0$31494@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:391a5b06$0$31494@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> Winners:
>
> Nobody really, the whole of the East Hills line is thrown into disarray
now with the irregular
> timing of the trains. Currently the arrangement makes the timetable easy
to remember (i.e. regular
> 15/30 min services from East Hills/Macarthur respectively in the off
peak).

* Agreed here! Currently it is easier to remember which is all stations to
East Hills and which is express to Macarthur. The new timetables will be
confusing to some fringe stations such as Beverly Hills, Turella.

> However times slightly outside the peak times (late morning, mid
afternoon) Macarthur, Campbelltown
> gains an extra train or two.
>
> In terms of frequent service, the new section of the line ("New Southern
Railway) wins out clearly.
> The City Circle and Ashfield also benefits from the addition of the
Turella/Wolli Creek to City
> shuttles.

*Add Beverly Hills, Narwee, Bardwell Park - they are having some express
stops.

> The Big Losers:
>
> Kingsgrove, losing the Macarthur fast trains

* Some during the peak hours in the morning and afternoon and I HATE it....

> Turella, losing many ex East Hills all stops trains in the peak, and in
the off peak, service

* And Turella gaining the express stops from Macarthur on weekends.

> frequency reduced to a half of what it is now (30 min frequency)
> Sydenham/Tempe, losing 4 trains an hour from the current off peak
timetable

--
Danny Mok