Re: [NSW] Airport Line -- WINNERS AND LOSERS?

"Dan" <fordghia@ozemail.com.au> won a Nobel Prize in Literature by writing:

          Hubert Lam <hubert@imap4.com> wrote in message
          391a5b06$0$31494@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:391a5b06$0$31494@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
          > Winners:
          >
          > Nobody really, the whole of the East Hills line is thrown into disarray
          now with the irregular
          > timing of the trains. Currently the arrangement makes the timetable easy
          to remember (i.e. regular
          > 15/30 min services from East Hills/Macarthur respectively in the off
          peak).

          * Agreed here! Currently it is easier to remember which is all stations to
          East Hills and which is express to Macarthur. The new timetables will be
          confusing to some fringe stations such as Beverly Hills, Turella.

          > However times slightly outside the peak times (late morning, mid
          afternoon) Macarthur, Campbelltown
          > gains an extra train or two.
          >
          > In terms of frequent service, the new section of the line ("New Southern
          Railway) wins out clearly.
          > The City Circle and Ashfield also benefits from the addition of the
          Turella/Wolli Creek to City
          > shuttles.

          *Add Beverly Hills, Narwee, Bardwell Park - they are having some express
          stops.

Although they do have express stops that is highly irregular

          > The Big Losers:
          >
          > Kingsgrove, losing the Macarthur fast trains

          * Some during the peak hours in the morning and afternoon and I HATE it....

CityRail "rightsizing" the number of trains. Economic rationalism at work here.

          > Turella, losing many ex East Hills all stops trains in the peak, and in
          the off peak, service

          * And Turella gaining the express stops from Macarthur on weekends.

Oh really? I haven't bothered reading the weekend timetable off the Cityrail site. Usually by
protocol, the weekend timetable is the same as the weekday off peak isn't it? Now they've confused
it even more!!!

          > frequency reduced to a half of what it is now (30 min frequency)
          > Sydenham/Tempe, losing 4 trains an hour from the current off peak
          timetable