Re: Austrains site update.

Darryl Britton wrote
>Guys
>
>While you have been coming up with all the possibilities that could be
>produced did anyone read the GST paragraph. THERE WILL ABSOLUTELY BE NO
>EXCEPTIONS, well the good news is I had a chat to John at Hobsons Bay and
he
>told me that the NR project will not be delivered until July which means
all
>the customers who have paid up front will now get slugged with GST
>regardless of the fact it is the suppliers fault the time frame has been
>pushed back 4-6 months. That in rough calculations means $20.00 more per
>unit, why should we as the long waiting/suffering customer have to bear
this
>extra cost, we haven't caused the overruns.....

Sorry Darryl but it is the law.

If the good or service is delivered after 1 July then GST must be paid (you
cannot pre-pay and avoid GST).

In the case of an imported item the importer must pay the GST for the goods
to be released from customs so it is a case of either the customer
eventually paying the GST or Austrains would have to met it out of their
profit margin and this is most unlikely.

Regards

Werris