Re: T413 tours (was: [VIC] Silver DRC)

I am a bit worried about these so called lack of paths?
The North East has only one crossing loop beyond Seymour, but quick follow
on moves can be undertaken, if the Driver of the proceeding train can arrive
his train complete at Longwood Block Point and Benalla, Bowser Block Point
and Wodonga.
This can be done by using Electronic messages generated by the use of a
modified ETM, or in the case of a Passenger train, using the conductor to
verify that the last car is still in tow.
Benalla, although not a block post or crossing loop, Is taken out of the
loop if the proceeding train enters the Tocumwal section complete. A
following train can then proceed from Riggs Creek Loop.
With Safe working Approval an Up train can also be held at Wangaratta  until
the Down departs on the Yarrawonga line.[that is one up or one down, not
both]
Professional Drivers have long criticised naive Safe Staff including
Palermo[retired CSWO thank God!] for not alowing flexibility at Wangaratta
and Benalla. Both these stations should allow the crossing of trains, and
even unmanned would be quite safe under the control of Train Crews. Of
course that is blasphemy to a Safe Working Officer. They are too busy
stopping trains from running smoothly, to fix problems like Ararat, which
very nearly cost our members lives.
--

Rod Young
http://hobsonmodelrail.rrdepot.com/

James Brook <ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
391973BF.5DA6983B@ozemail.com.au">news:391973BF.5DA6983B@ozemail.com.au...
> Craig Haber wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Michael Kurkowski wrote:
> >
> > > Heeheehee, all I can say is, it'll be great to see T413 running once
again,
> > > this sunday with the V set transfer from Ballarat to Bendigo [p.s.
I'll be