Re: When is a V/Line stn not a V/line stn.

Not quite right,
Train Control for St Albans to Sydenham and beyond is under Freight
Australia (Centrol).  The track is maintained to Sydenham by Thiess as part
of the Bayside partnership.  Sydenham appears in the Bayside Working T/T "in
preparation" for the extension of electrification in the next 18 months or
whatever.  Passenger Train service beyond St Albans is the responsibility of
V/Line Pass, (but Met Fare Zone goes to SBY.)

GC.

Christopher_Martin GORDON <cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au> wrote in message
> : I read somewhere on this NG (I think) that the section of line in
question
> : has been transferred to BS.
>
> That is correct, control and running of the line from St.Albans to
Sydenham
> was transfered from VLP to Bayside Trains (this includes Sydenham station)
> about 18 months ago now.
>
> Hence the working timetable (WTT) has Sydenham in it (and Stony Point)
> since they are Bayside.  (The Eastern line was cut back to Pakenham when
> Stony Point and Sydenham were added to the WTT)
>

> : | >I went to complain about the State of Sydenham stn today to the
V/Line
> : | >stn master at Spencer St and they told me that it was not there
station,
> : | >it was a "Met stn", after I told them that the met doesn't exist any
> : | >more they corrected themselves and called it a Bayside trains stn.
> : |
> : | I have my doubts here, but assuming that is the case, it is because
it's
> : an
> : | interurban station, i.e. covered by a standard Met ticket. V/Line do
not
> : | handle the fare system for this station in this case.
> : |
> : | >If you don't know Sydenham stn, it is the nxt stn beyond St Albans
and
> : | >is not electrified.  The stn sign on the road states it as "V/Line
> : | >Sydenham Stn".  I was just wondering are there any more
Bayside/Hillside