Re: When is a V/Line stn not a V/line stn.

> That is correct, control and running of the line from St.Albans to
Sydenham
> was transfered from VLP to Bayside Trains (this includes Sydenham
station)
> about 18 months ago now.
I think Transit Australia and Railway digest reported this recently,

 > : | I have my doubts here, but assuming that is the case, it is
because it's
> : an
> : | interurban station, i.e. covered by a standard Met ticket. V/Line
do not
> : | handle the fare system for this station in this case.
> : |
> : | >If you don't know Sydenham stn, it is the nxt stn beyond St
Albans and
> : | >is not electrified.  The stn sign on the road states it
as "V/Line
> : | >Sydenham Stn".

The probelm is V/line, Bayside does not own all the stations en route,
they can't really change much otherwise some comlication would invlove.

Besides Bayside train will soon abandon the station anyway and rebuild
another one near the shopping center(Wintergarden IIRC).

ps: Albury station also serve by V/line 3 times daily but it's NOT a
V/line station:-)

--
Cheers

James