Re: When is a V/Line stn not a V/line stn.

boxy@bigpond.net.au (Andrew Box) wrote in
<51SR4.15549$v85.100271@news-server.bigpond.net.au>:

>I went to complain about the State of Sydenham stn today to the V/Line
>stn master at Spencer St and they told me that it was not there station,
>it was a "Met stn", after I told them that the met doesn't exist any
>more they corrected themselves and called it a Bayside trains stn.

I have my doubts here, but assuming that is the case, it is because it's an
interurban station, i.e. covered by a standard Met ticket. V/Line do not
handle the fare system for this station in this case.

>If you don't know Sydenham stn, it is the nxt stn beyond St Albans and
>is not electrified.  The stn sign on the road states it as "V/Line
>Sydenham Stn".  I was just wondering are there any more Bayside/Hillside
>stns around masquerading as V/Lines?

If the above really is the case, then look at any Bayside map for stations
that use a zone 2 or 3 fare. AFAIK, the Stony Point line is owned/operated
by Bayside Trains, but the rollingstock & motive power & running staff is
contracted to V/Line Pass (fancy that, contracted to yourself, read
National Express is the parent company of both operators). Complicated huh?

THEN, there's the GST, but that's another story, and this isn't the
newsgroup (:

Regards

Michael