Re: Australian Railway Magazines

"Andrew Tailby" <atailby@mpx.com.au> wrote in message
news:39167083$0$31557@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

> "James Shugg" <james@shugg.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> 8f3dip$v23$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk">news:8f3dip$v23$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...
> >
> > Did you know that if Eurostar runs more than about 40 mins late, they
give
> > you a free ticket for another journey?  Can't see that happening back
home
> > in Oz if the Canberra Xplorer ran late, but over here intercapital train
> > travel is marketed as an alternative to flying, and if they let you
down,
> > they compensate.
> >
> >  what a good idea for that late running grafton or morre service that we
> have her in the north of a afternoon

This is actually part of what I was saying before with regard to CityRauiil.
I would be prepared to pay higher fares *IF* there was an enforceable
performance regime like in the UK - e.g. (totally arbitrary numbers) if peaj
hour trains on my line ran on time less than 95% of the time on an average
of 1 day per week (20% of the time) I would get 10% off next time I renew my
weekly/quarterly/yearly ticket. If more than 5% of trains were cancelled,
then the same thing would apply.

Dave