Re: Australian Railway Magazines

Many thanx to all who replied to my request for info about Aussie rail
mags - and apologies for not replying sooner, but my laptop lost an
altercation with a milkshake over Easter and I've only now got a
replacement.  There's a lot more choice than I realised, and I'll be
subscribing to a few in due course (strong pound/weak Aussie dollar has its
advantages).

James

Now, from Dave Proctor:

> Now, just a quick query (out of place in here, I know) - have GNER
> introduced Eurostar services yet? I know they have repainted some into
GNER
> colours, but not sure if they are in revenue service yet.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave

I haven't seen any or heard anything about non-Eurostar liveried trains in
operation thru the channel tunnel but will let you know if that changes.  I
travel past Waterloo regularly and have not noticed anything out of the
ordinary at the international platforms.

Did you know that if Eurostar runs more than about 40 mins late, they give
you a free ticket for another journey?  Can't see that happening back home
in Oz if the Canberra Xplorer ran late, but over here intercapital train
travel is marketed as an alternative to flying, and if they let you down,
they compensate.