Re: NR Freight on Main West last night

The longest train i ever saw cross the mountians previously was a 46 car
empty coal. That freight train looked like it was one of thoes 1300m ones.
forgot to count how many cars it was. I thought that if they were too big,
they would fall off on some of the tight, steep corners.

But yes, it is good to see decent sized trains nowdays. (And yes, i have
been to Alice springs lately...)

------
Paul Jones