Re: home signal

Railway Rasputin II wrote:

>Block section down Exeter way.

Exeter - Bundanoon - Wingello - Medway Junction, and Harden South -
Demondrille - Wallendbeen.

> Distant signals on double lines are/were on the main south somewhere
> between Picton and Mittagong.

Yes, but in a number of other places as well, notably between Marulan
and Goulburn, and beyond Goulburn; and also to a lesser extent elsewhere
on other lines. One notorious case is Cowan bank, where one of the
signals deeply involved in the 3801 accident was a distant for an auto.

> We actually went there to see an upperquadrant distant in action.
> However due to the signal up grading which is taken place in the above
> areas it might of changed. I will go on a fact finding and goodwill
> study tour to see if they are still there.

The upper quadrants are being progressively replaced, and many distants
for autos (but not all) are being phased out as full three-position
signals are introduced. However there are still plenty of the distants
around.

Eddie