Re: [NSW] Tangaras not all bad!!!

Dan <fordghia@my-deja.com> wrote in message
8f09lu$nlj$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:8f09lu$nlj$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> In article <9MJQ4.13650$PL4.326885@ozemail.com.au>,
>   "Chris Downs" <cvdowns@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
> > There was a great photo in last Tuesday's SMH - sports section, page
> 26.  It
> > showed some of the thousands of runners heading across the Coat Hanger
> > (filling the western 6 road lanes) after the start of the Host City
> > Marathon.  To the left of the runners was T91 on an up service.  The
> unusual
> > Tangara styling looks great in the photo, especially in black and
> white with
> > the rising sun illuminating the train's eastern side.  A look the
> > photographer, Dallas Kilponen, clearly appreciated.
> >
> > Sadly I have no scanner so I cannot load the photo.
>
> I have seen it, the tangara fits into the image very nicely and it
> looks great!!!
>
> I recommend to those people who hate tangaras or nicknamed
> them "fishbowls", "fishtanks", tangarbages etc. to have a very close
> look at the photo! And I hope they will change their minds about
> disliking or calling Tangaras "bad names".

> Danny Mok
> fordghia@ozemail.com.au
> FordGhia's Railway and Transport Page
> http://www.ozemail.com.au/~fordghia/transport

I can't wait to see that picture of the Tangara (the greatest suburban train
in the world). I should be able to pick up a copy of the paper tomorrow. I
usually throw out the sports section. Will have to take care not to this
time.

bye tr

trendy's trainpage (featuring early design models of the Tangara (the
greatest suburban train in the world): www.geocities.com/trendy_rechauffe