Re: I want to be an Train Driver or Guard

Sleeping, yes
Reading the form guide, not personally, but yes
Drinking beer in the Guards Room, yes
Did I mention sleeping ?
Drinking beer in the van, yes
Playing cards, yes (best euchre school ever)
Shunting Yennora all night in the rain, yes
Shunting  Botany in 40 degree heat, yes
Putting up with whining Drivers who sat in a warm dry cab and did nothing
but complain about having to shunt. Must have been hard moving that reverser
handle and pulling back the throttle occasionally while we had to "leg it"
around the yard.

But am I complaining ? No way because it certainly beat going round and
round and round the Banker Circle ad infinitum, getting abused and spat at
by ignorant, fare evading hoards of any and all cultural backgrounds, some
worse than others but lets not start another race debate here.

Give me 401 South for a year in the rain than a single Banker Circle as a
glorified horizontal elevator operator anyday ! (or night as the case may
be)

--
Marc Hunt
(ex-Enfield Guard0