Re: City Rail Who would buy it anyway ?

In article <38E07B36.CA491905@enet21.com.au>,
"chris@enet21.com.au" <chris@enet21.com.au> wrote:
> Oh yes they could, there would be a few european and US concerns that
would take
> it over, milk as much money as they could get out of it (selling
assets), run it
> down, then ask the government/taxpayer for financial help, in about
20 years
> the money pot would be empty they would then hand it back to the
taxpayer. Just
> like the Victorian power system.
>
> Chris
CGEA(operator of Hillside train/SLRT/Monorail) would be a serious
buyer.

>From what I see Cityrail have potential of been  a highly profitable
company.

Huge population and catchment area with high ridership, relatively new
rollingstock. If Cityrail manage properly it would be extremly
profitable. The downside however, are old signal, tracks and
infranstructures require upgrades, I think Cityrail is worthy
investments.

--
Cheers
James