Re: Robina-Coolangatta extension "essential"

This is true - the modern line is now a very fast method of getting to
Brisbane's CBD, and this would not be the case if the Gold Coast railway
still travelled over it's original route.

But the rail coridor through Southport and the coastal suburbs of the Gold
Coast has now been lost for good - the new line passes through the western
region of the city, requiring bus tranfers to Southport, Surfers Paradise,
etc (ie the high density areas).

Surely we must at least reserve a corridor between Coolangatta and
Murwillumbah to avoid losing the possibility of a route passing through the
most highly populated areas, should a connecting line ever be contructed
between these two points.

RODS

5jgrdssjkjv33qh52i7vgoco5io5m8tfv5@4ax.com">news:5jgrdssjkjv33qh52i7vgoco5io5m8tfv5@4ax.com...