Re: [NSW] Automated "Stand clear, doors closing"

David Johnson said in message <38DDFB90.C475E33C@ozemail.com.au>, I
therefore quote:

>Our trains are all being fitted, as part of the project, with Locking
>Door Motors.  The doors cannot be forced open once they are closed.
>With your example, the driver should have lost traction power as soon as
>the door was forced open.

There is a complex process AFAIK. With the present system, I've seen trains
moved with doors that wouldn't shut themselves, would continue to beep, and
rely on a person closing it. Other times I've seen the beeping stop, that
single door release itself and attempt to shut itself again, likewise while
the train is moving. I think there is a timeout timer on the interlocking,
such that if a door does fail, the train can still move.

Perhaps a qualified driver may be able to elaborate (:

Regards

Michael

--
Michael Kurkowski. / Email: mailto:mk@netstra.com.au
Rail Enthusiast.  / Web: http://www.netstra.com.au/~mk

 ** Don't steal. The government hates competition **