Re: [NSW] CityRail Delays Friday

Jonathan Boles said in message <01bf9618$1b8a6760$93dc868b@tom-boles>, I
therefore quote:

>Why does the North Shore have still have those dodgy old-style rusty
>catenary masts? With the exception of newer catenary on bridges over
>Mona Vale rd and Gore Hill Fwy, as well as crossovers and a single pair
>at Artarmon, 95% of the posts are rusted, of the old types ie. without
>the newer chain-and-arm types. When is an upgrade due? No wonder the
>catenary is falling down!

Melbourne doesn't have a problem with rusted stanchions. Most of ours are
rusted. We still have the occasional timber stanchion.

Regards

Michael

--
Michael Kurkowski. / Email: mailto:mk@netstra.com.au
Rail Enthusiast.  / Web: http://www.netstra.com.au/~mk

 ** Don't steal. The government hates competition **