Re: [NSW] Who's got the worst trains

> >Every time I go to Victoria, I amazed at how pathetic their system
>is.
Exactly where did you find our system pathetic(except metcard of course)

>When I go
> >to Queensland, I am always impressed. NSW seems to be in the middle
>between the
> >two. South Australia is a joke that doesn't enter into the equation!
>
> >--
> >David Johnson
> >trainman@ozemail.com.au
> >http://www.ozemail.com.au/~trainman/
> >------------------------------------
> >These comments are made in a private
> >capacity and do not represent the
> >official view of State Rail.
> >C.O.W.S. Page 11.
>
> As far as Adelaides trains go ,the trains themselves are quite good to
travel
> in,they go quite fast and usually run on time.
> The only real downside is the service , or lack of it.
> The Belair line is certainly the worst for number of trains,but having
only a
> single line really doesnt help.
> Adelaides train services are really stuffed from the perspective that
one of
> the growth areas of the population is in the Adelaide Hills east of
Belair
> where there is a perfectly good railway line (SG of course) but no
suburban
> service.There used to be a suburban service to Bridgewater.
> Realistically,you could easily run a suburban service as far as Mt
Barker or
> Nairne these days, there are enuf people to warrant it.
> There isnt anything actually stopping the STA from running SG trains
and most
> of the old BG platforms between Belair and Nairne still exist,of
course this
> is totally contrary to the wonderful pro rail SA Govt.
>
> In a sense this is a similar problem to what QR have got south of
Acacia ridge
> with suburbs like Algester and Greenbank.
I think the problem is with the Brisbane City councilors. Starting from
the mayor himself is very anti-rail and bus loving person whereas QLD
state government is very pro-rail.  Sometimes I found Melbourne's
current Mayor is a tram hater as well.

--
Cheers
James