Re: Q class for Freight Australia!

Westrail is very revenue hungry and would at the right price lease a Q class
to FA.  FA would certainly be in front paying a premium hire rate for a Q
even if it is only for a short term as the Q's are not only very fuel
efficient compared to the older Victorian G's but because their higher
horsepower and wheelslip controls would make them a very close match to
almost doing the work of two "G"'s.  My sources say that it is also being
done with the support of Clyde (General Motors) to help in promoting new
sales of their latest GM products as there are a number of operators looking
at rationalising their motive power fleets with high horsepower/hi-tech
units just as Westrail and QR have done on narrow gauge.

--
Graeme Vellacott
PO Box 322
38D4A60D.663A8DE5@primus.com.au">news:38D4A60D.663A8DE5@primus.com.au...