Re: [NSW] Skipping stations - is it a common practice?

It doesn't happen very often. Maybe your train had mechanical problems and
was late to leave the depot it came from. If it was announced then it
shouldn't matter. The decision not to stop would most likely not be made by
the driver, unless it was by accident.

"DTS" <julia@idx.com.au> wrote in message
8ahott$nmv$1@the-fly.zip.com.au">news:8ahott$nmv$1@the-fly.zip.com.au...
| Hi,
|
| I just caught a 13:49 (13/03/2000) East Hills bound (Hornsby 6 car R41)
from
| Central to Kingsgrove - which I think was late as it ran behind the early
| Bankstown line train, who normally runs after the East Hills train. The
| indicator board and the normal recorded announcements at Central said it
was
| stopping at Redfern, Sydenham, Tempe, Turella.........all to East Hills.
|
| But when the train stopped at Sydenham, there was a sudden change of tune
| from the guard and the recorded announcement at Sydenham, then announced
the
| next stop is "Kingsgrove, Riverwood and all stations to East Hills." The
| train then skipped stations from Tempe .........until it reaches
Kingsgrove.