Re: [NSW] Skipping stations - is it a common practice?

On Mon, 13 Mar 2000 14:52:58 +1100, "DTS" <julia@idx.com.au> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I just caught a 13:49 (13/03/2000) East Hills bound (Hornsby 6 car R41) from
>Central to Kingsgrove - which I think was late as it ran behind the early
>Bankstown line train, who normally runs after the East Hills train. The
>indicator board and the normal recorded announcements at Central said it was
>stopping at Redfern, Sydenham, Tempe, Turella.........all to East Hills.
>
>But when the train stopped at Sydenham, there was a sudden change of tune
>from the guard and the recorded announcement at Sydenham, then announced the
>next stop is "Kingsgrove, Riverwood and all stations to East Hills." The
>train then skipped stations from Tempe .........until it reaches Kingsgrove.
>
>When the train arrived at Kingsgrove, I then asked the guard what was the
>reason for not stopping at Beverly Hills and she said "the train was running
>late..."
>
>Ironically the recorded announcement at Kingsgrove Station said "next stop
>Beverly Hills, Narwee.....all to East Hills."
>
>I didn't see any trackwork today on the City Circle line but I may be
>wrong..... The other suggestion is special train runs today which I doubt
>it - but I could be wrong again.
>
>I like to know is how often the trains skipped stations (average per
>day/week)? And is it a common practice if the train is running late as I
>heard a lot from the media "bashing" about the trains skipping stations -
>please verify?
>
>Thanks = Cheers.
>Danny Mok
>dan@flex.com.au
>FordGhia's Railway & Transport Page
>http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~phil05

I remember when I was a kid, I was going to school while my mon was
going to work, we stop at westmead station from Toongabbie every day
to get to school & mom to get to work, one day the train we where on
skipped Weastmead staion & stopped at Parramatta, we had to catch
another train to get to westmead.