Re: [Melb] XP2001 Visits Melbourne

On Sun, 12 Mar 2000 22:22:08 +1100, "Rod" <freight_man@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Rather fitting that it visits the birth place of Federation! and Australias
>fist Parliamentary home!
>Wonder why   they decided to do that, I mean assemble Federal Parliament in
>Melbourne.
>We did have an impressive building to do it in...Perhaps Sydney did not, or
>were not interested?
>perhaps the 'sin' capital of Australia just built Pubs in those
>days.......ah well!

Many reasons for that. Melbourne was the largest city in Australia
then. Melbourne had more money, Melbourne's industries, the largest in
Australia, wanted uninhibited access to the rest of Australia.

To which I would also add; Melbourne people were/are smarter, nicer
and better bred and don't dissolve to trolling and disparaging others
on the internet.

(:-))

Les Brown
I must review before posting, I must review before posting, I must review.....