Re: Westrail : comparison to F.A.

On Sun, 12 Mar 2000 10:03:04 GMT, james_ccj@my-deja.com wrote:

>Actaully the webb rail link was because of there is a government
>change, if Jeff Kennett stll here I don't think there would be such
>project as the Liberals refuse to fund any rail projects within
>Victoria.  Without funds FA would have to earn back its capital 1st
>before any project as such can begin.

I'm not exactly a member of the Kennett Fan Club, (KFC?) but
privatising the railways in Victoria was his idea that Labour fought
hard against. There now seems to be some recognition in both parties
that railways under private ownership is a good thing, and that
government bureauocrats don't know how to buy a tram ticket let alone
run them. Bracks and Batchelor seem to be exploring further
possiblities that Kennett started and most likely would never have
thought of.

Les Brown
I must review before posting, I must review before posting, I must review.....