Re: INDIAN PACIFIC

Dave Proctor wrote:

snip

> And as someone who has worked in retail travel, I can tell you that anyone
> who is going to fly one way and train the other is going to hire a car while
> over there. It would beat the cost of MotoRail and return transportation
> hands down.
>
> Dave

Of course you don't ship your car over AND back - that would be ridiculous.  I'm
talking about people who want to drive one way and have their car transported
the other way.  This is a non-trivial market segment I'd say.  All freight
carriers would see this as a potential source of backloading freight - hence the
discounted Eastbound rates which originated this thread.