NSW garret parts

Hi again

I friend of mine about told me that in the mid 70's  when he was working
for a trading company he was involved in the barter (latter aborted) of
foodstuffs from Vietnam in exchance for steam loco automatic stokers. I
don't think that any other steam loco in Australia apart from the NSW
garret had a auto stoker fitted. I know some garret boilers ended up as
stationary steam generators (the ARHS, Canberra have one),  so I suspect
that some parts of these locos did not end up in the blast furnace. Can
anybody give further information on the reuse of parts off steam locos
for other uses.

Thanks

Chris