Re: Re: [NSW] Tangara vs Millennium

Sorry got the mathemagics slightly wrong.

I'll assume the windows have 3 panes--inner, middle and outer.

so actually it's $9000 per window, 8 windows per car...here we go

9000 * 8 * (384 + 80)

$33.3 million dollars total.

now how much would it cost if the windows didn't go all the way up to
the ceiling? (i.e. no "skylight" part?)

David Johnson got bored on Sat, 24 Jun 2000 20:13:40 +1000 and so wrote
the following:

          Hubert Lam wrote:

          > of course, the 3 points below are obvious advantages of the
new
          > design--if $3000 can be saved for each upper deck pane then
multiply
          > that by 8 per Tangara car and multiply that by [384 + 80]
(the
          > approximate number of Tangara cars)....

          It was $3000 per pane IIRC.  That means $6000 per window, or
$48000 per car for
          the upper deck windows.  You haven't taken into account the
cost of the new
          windows which would probably be in the order of $1000 per
pane, or $16000 per
          car.